My fascination with the human body developed early; as a little girl I read my mother’s anatomy books over breakfast cereal. A couple years after high school, I was inspired to take an intensive course in Traditional Thai Massage, while traveling in Northern Thailand. When I returned to the States, I delved further into bodywork training; becoming a certified massage therapist with a special interest in injuries. Sixteen years later, I continue to practice massage with deep enjoyment. The rewards of my work is witnessing the immediate positive results that manual therapy can provide.
My experience includes working with tight techies, triathletes, post-surgery clients, and over-whelmed parents. Everyone deserves individual care and I work by that standard.
I can improve many conditions including:
- Tennis Elbow
- tight/pulled hamstrings
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Piriformis Syndrome
- chronic headaches
- lower back spasms
- the common pains that accompany pregnancy
Being an athlete myself, I understand injury and soreness from personal experience. My active lifestyle includes: swimming, running, cycling, weight lifting, surfing, practicing yoga and hiking regularly. I cannot imagine life without movement and my aim is to give my clients the joy of an energetic and pain-free body.
My Bodywork Education
- Swedish, Sports Therapy and Deep Tissue: McKinnon Institute, Oakland, CA
- Prenatal Certification: Mckinnon Institute, Oakland, CA
- Shiatsu, Acupressure and Sports Therapy: Acupressure Institute, Berkeley, CA
- Chiang Mia Traditional Thai Massage: Northern Thailand
- Reiki Level 1 & 2: Berkeley, CA
- Anatomy/Physiology: Cabrillo College, Aptos, CA
- Flying Yoga Teacher Training 200 hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) Flying Yoga, Oakland, CA